As an iOS developer, our apps sometimes got rejected from Apple Store. We need to get used to this kind of situation when we are going to release our apps into Apple Store. But don’t worry, because it happens to not only you! Other iOS developers out there sometimes struggle too when it’s happening.
Here a few tips to prevent the rejection from Apple Store
- You need to check this guideline https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#app-completeness. In this guideline, there are five points that we need to pay attention before we submit our application.
- Make sure our internal tester has done some full cycles testing before the apps being submitted. Because according to Apple, almost 80% common rejection issues are such as crash, bugs, UX problem, and lack of performance of the application.
- Prevent a copycat. Think twice while you remodeling your mobile. You must create a content of your app in different way.
- Don’t use placeholder content when you put your App Previews and Screenshots, make sure you use live content of your apps. Don’t put Screen Preview of a placeholder content.
- Provide all information that help Apple Reviewer. You need to fill all description, specification, and other detail about your app, including user testing if your apps required login/authorize.
- Even if your apps being rejected, do not be panic. Just follow instruction from Apple Reviewer. And, if there is any explanation needed, you just need to answer it.
That’s a few tips that I can share based on my experience. Good luck and thank you!
Tri Rejeki likes to code for iOS. She has around 10 years experience in the IT field on various roles such as Java Programmer and Android Developer.
GITS Indonesia has developed many mobile applications that run for iOS users, as well as for Android users. The example is Born to Sweat, an running tracker app, with Pocari Sweat (part of Amerta Indah Otsuka). You can access our case study through this page.